Nursing Alumni Association
Kết quả xổ số miền bắc 30 ngày quaThe St. Boniface Registered Nurses’ Alumni Association is open to all graduates of the St. Boniface School of Nursing. Associate members are welcome as well. Associate Membership may be granted to any Registered Nurse who did not graduate from the St. Boniface School of Nursing. For more information, contact the Alumni by email.
The purpose of our alumni association has evolved over the years to keep pace with the needs of alumni members and changes in technology but continues to meet the objectives as outlined in our Constitution: to promote a sense of spirit of unity, professional growth, and an interest in our history.
The Alumni Association provides opportunity to reconnect with friends and fellow graduates. It also serves to recognize the excellent education graduates received making it possible to provide holistic, compassionate care, a reflection of the Grey Nuns influence.
Kết quả xổ số miền bắc 30 ngày quaThe Annual General Dinner Meeting held each spring provides an occasion for class reunions with special recognition of 50- year graduates. These graduates are also honoured by a celebratory tea in the parlour of the former School of Nursing.
Kết quả xổ số miền bắc 30 ngày quaPlease explore these pages for information related to our Newsletters, upcoming events, educational and research bursaries.
School of Nursing Historical Highlights
- 1897 School of Nursing is established
- 1899 First Graduation Class (3 out of 5 students graduated)
- 1905 St. Boniface Registered Nurses’ Alumni is created
- 1914 Program becomes a 3-year program
- 1927 Construction of the School of Nursing building
- 1931-1934 Students sent to the St. Boniface Sanatorium in Ninette, Manitoba, a hospital for patients with tuberculosis
- 1954 Extension to the School of Nursing is built
- 1966 Married persons and male candidates now accepted, students no longer need to live in residence
- 1970 Program becomes a two-year program
- 1995 Diploma School of Nursing closed. A total of 5,176 students graduated from the school
- 1995-1997 Graduates are Bachelors of Nursing
- 1997 Closing of the school
The St. Boniface Registered Nurses’ Alumni Association has put in place an important, exciting Interactive Archive Exhibit commemorating the rich 100-year history of the St. Boniface Hospital School of Nursing. The exhibit is located in the Everett Atrium (main entrance to the Hospital) for all to view. We invite both Alumni and the Public to visit and experience this inspiring interactive exhibit.
Kết quả xổ số miền bắc 30 ngày quaThe Exhibit consists of:
- two 55-inch multi-touch screens; visuals on the wall and on three overhead wall panels; and
- eight acrylic panels hanging in front of the windows depicting important figures who contributed to the establishment and success of the school.
The Exhibit captures the story of the former St. Boniface School of Nursing, its history and important role in the development of nursing care not only at the hospital but beyond. It is also a tribute to the Grey Nuns’ legacy of compassion, caring and professionalism that was imparted to student nurses. Some of the themes depicted are:
- wars and epidemics
- the curriculum
- the life of student nurses
- highlights of significant events in its history over a 100-year span
- life after graduation
Financial Contributors for the Exhibit Project
- An anonymous donor
- Lillian (Lane) Bartel (Class of 1964A)
- fiends and members of Alumni and
- the following institutions:
- The Grey nuns of Montreal
- The Catholic Health Corporation of Manitoba
- St. Boniface Hospital
- Winnipeg Foundation
- Manitoba Government
Partners & Supporters
In particular, Diane Haglund, the St. Boniface Museum, the St. Boniface Historical Society, and the Association for Manitoba Archives.
Associate Membership may be granted to any Registered Nurse who did not graduate from the St. Boniface School of Nursing. For more information, contact the Alumni by email at email@example.com.
Kết quả xổ số miền bắc 30 ngày qua Why become a member?
- Stay connected with classmates;
- Receive a newsletter twice (2 x) a year;
- Receive information about the annual general meeting, celebration of 50-year graduates and nurses;
- Learn more about an archives project to preserve and promote the role of St. Boniface’s School of Nursing;
- Support the activities of the St. Boniface Registered Nurses’ Alumni;
- Be eligible to apply for bursaries.
Download our membership application form.
- November 2020 NEW
The St. Boniface Registered Nurses’ Alumni Association sponsors a variety of activities to foster alumni connections between Alumni and other interested nurses. Past events include:
- Bowling Night
- Meet and Greet Evenings at the Norwood Hotel
- Paint Night
Watch for future events sponsored by the Nursing Alumni here and on .
Annual AGM Dinner Celebration
May 20, 2020
Canad Inns Destination Center, Polo Park, 1405 St. Matthews Avenue, Winnipeg
We will be honouring the class of 1970 for their 50-year reunion!
Click hereKết quả xổ số miền bắc 30 ngày qua for more information.
Important Notice: Several executive positions need to be filled if our Alumni association is to remain active. Please consider how you can help.
Send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org, or connect with us on .
|Membership||Karen and George Coupland|
|Sick and Bereavement||Glenis Pacak|
|Members at Large||Madeleine Graham|